Tuesday, July 3, 2012

OC2012: Passion

I'm not a Christian, going to a Christian conference was an eye opener I must say.
I wouldn't say I didn't learn anything, I wouldn't say I learnt everything either.
No matter how clueless you are about things I believe there will be at least 20-30% of things that gets to your brain.
And some things get to my brain, they did.


Passion is the fire and Conviction is the Fuel
One of the things that slapped me right at my face was how they talked about Passion and Conviction
You can have passion for things, a lot of things,
You want to do this, you want to do that.
But your passion can never be fulfilled if you have no conviction.
It'll just be a fire that at the end of it will slowly die because it has no fuel to keep it burning.

It makes me think about how a lot of the things that I want to do hit a brick wall
and I didn't climb up to smash the brick wall so that I can continue going.
I always fall short.
I hid at the bottom of that brick wall, took pity of myself.
There is no conviction to back my passion
So I never get to see what lies behind that huge tall brick wall
and the fire died and was never lit again

I told myself
Passion must be fuelled with conviction so conviction you should have
It won't be easy but slowly I'll learn to have conviction
I'll learn to have passion to continue to burn in my life
So that I get to see what lies behind that brick wall that test how strong my fire is burning
I will burn that brick wall down too

Life doesn't happen to you, it happens through you
well, this to be honest reminded me through that new Leessang song 행복을 찾아서
That song appeared at my trying times and I want to thank God how this happened.
I'm someone who goes back to music when my head doesn't stop rolling about
and most of the time songs come to me at the strangest times
like how 행복을 찾아서 lyrics reminded me about life
and how in my Form 5 life Jin Ee gave me Still, Praise You In This Storm that still make me cry when I listen to them now
Music and Lyrics to me are important things~ =)
***those doesn't explain the topic***
Life doesn't happen to you, it happens through you..
Questions like "Why am I here in this dreaded place.. Why am I doing this?"
throw them in a bin, flush them down the toilet.. BURN THEM.
Things doesn't happen to you...
But they happen through you..
Be the light in that dreaded place.
Be the solution of problems
If you want change, then be the change.
If you think that it is pointless, it will be pointless
If you think that this isn't what you want, it will be what you don't want.
You are not there because you suddenly want to punish yourself
You are not there because you suddenly want to feel useless about yourself
You are there hoping to learn something
You are there hoping to affect people for the better
You are there hoping to train yourself up for whatever is there in the future
Life doesn't happen to you... my friend..
Life happens through you.
Do not think that what you do now is pointless.
It's training for the future my friend~


So that both points have pretty much lump what I learnt on Saturday and Sunday
There are definitely more but I've forgotten some or too personal to share

I pray that people can have hopes and dreams
I'll never stop praying for that

No comments:

Post a Comment