Monday, June 7, 2010

Ashamed

So I know this might be a little late for me to write...
Since I'll be talking about a little something about SS2 in Malaysia...
*I was too mesmerised to remember to mention this....
No there will be no spamming of my undying love for SUJU...
No...
It's more to me feeling ashamed at how Malaysian has their eyes closed...

I'm not going to touch anything on Politics here...
So please don't find fault with me...
I'm speaking here as a Malaysian...
And an Earthling...

As many of you all know...
Malaysia consist mainly of Chinese, Malay and Indians...
And most of us do speak and understand at least two languages...
Malay and English...

So I went to Super Junior's concert 3 months ago...
on March 20th... (LOL... A date I won't forget..)
Obviously... Because Super Junior isn't going to ALL SEA countries...
And Malaysia being a country who's like the center of SEA...
There are Singaporeans, Indonesians, Thais and many others together with fellow Malaysians who attended...

One thing FOR SURE...
Is that NOT all of us speak one language fluently...
BUT...
hope against hope...
Majority of us understood English...
But when the announcement of the concert of do's and don't were played through the loud speakers...
I was pretty much shocked that what came out wasn't English...
It wasn't even Malay...
It wasn't even in Mandarin...
It was in Cantonese, people...

And I thought maybe they would translate that message...
But no...
It started with Cantonese and ended with Cantonese...
This may have been the mistake of the organisation...
But it's kinda unacceptable...
*Not all Chinese understands Cantonese too...*
I mean do they have no regards at all to the others who don't understand Cantonese...??
Though it's kinda late...
I apologize to Thai and Indonesian and non-Cantonese-speaking fans and to fellow Malaysians too....
I bet those who were there would feel that too...
The absurdity of the announcement being in Cantonese...

Malaysian calling ourselves a 1Malaysia...
And things like this happens....
I feel like digging a hole and bury myself there...
1Malaysia isn't going to work if you think that the concept is "cover up our eyes and do what we have to do and don't care anymore"
But instead OPEN up our eyes and LOOK at things the RIGHT way and make it FAIR...

Malaysians...
Stop turning a blind eye to things around us...
When international gigs happens...
English is the only language suitable...
Be a better Malaysian by acknowledging that...
Trying to press hard on your own roots is NEVER the way out...
But find the middle way and satisfy most people...

Thank you very much....

No comments:

Post a Comment