Sunday, June 6, 2010

There are more to Kpop than idol groups

I'm here to show you that I'm not a blind Super Junior or TVXQ or 2PM or 2AM fan...
or sum it all up a blind idol "idoliser"
HAHAHA...

ANYWAY...
one thing I must say...
I hate raps....
I hate them to the core UNTIL I listen to Epik High...

I don't like rappers because most rappers nowadays are like...
MONEY~~~ GIRLS~~~ VAJAYJAY~~~ and SUCKING LOLLIPOPS~~~
Okay me and you are all grown up people and let us not be naive to what those ACTUALLY meant...
so yea...
I don't like them...
If I were to sing along to a sucking lollipop song I rather stick my head to metal (which I don't really like either)...

and as I was swimming around the Kpop scene three years ago...
I discovered Epik High...
at first I thought nothing much about them...
until I heard this song...



and the following are history...
Tablo, Mithra Jin and DJ Tukuts...
The lyrics they wrote....
The songs they composed...
The music they arranged...
The collaboration they did...
The live they performed...
all can be described by one word : WOW

I won't say that I LOVE all the songs...
Because there are some that are too techno that I just don't listen to...
*most of those are the remixes of the song though =)
But some really left me listening to it OVER and OVER again...
Give you some suggestions if you do wanna check them out...
In no order of when they are released...
Fly, Map The Soul, Umbrella, One, Run, Wordkill, Fan, Noise, Falling, Wannabe, Gift...
There are SO MANY I just can't really list them all...

But I'm going to put here 4 video of the online showcase they put up on their youtube page...
Which I love so much...
I'll ask you to start from video no.2 first if you like acoustic and not so much beat and rapping...


LIVE FROM THE MAPLAB - Part 1 of 4 - Epik High Showcase
1. Intro
2. Believe
3. Top Gun


LIVE FROM THE MAPLAB - Part 2 of 4 - Epik High Showcase
4. Map the Soul (Worldwide Version) Acoustic Remix
5. Cipher


LIVE FROM THE MAPLAB - Part 3 of 4 - Epik High Showcase
6. Free Music
7. Scenario (피해망상 Part 2)



LIVE FROM THE MAPLAB - Part 3 of 4 - Epik High Showcase
8. Map the Soul (Feat. MYK)

And here is a little Bonus acoustic performance in LA...
One acoustic version...


This is one video that I find really cool and the guy at the background makes me amused...


And I want to end this lengthy blog with this video which I watched countless of times and laughed at the same amount of time I watched it...
I just couldn't believe Tablo is ACTUALLY 30, a married man and a father of a month-old daughter...
This is Epik High my friends....


Their youtube account - Youtube Map The Soul
Their official site - Map The Soul (it comes with English version)
All their albums are not available in shops/stores... I think...
You have to order it from there and they'll ship it to you... =)
Or buy them online in iTunes...
*If I'm not mistaken... They are the first Korean artist to be in iTunes.... =)

Epik High, people.... Stop the hate... Spread the love....

No comments:

Post a Comment